RECORD STORE DAY DROPS 2020 at Record Surplus Los Angeles
Join us for Record Store Day Drops 2020! Get exclusive new RSD releases at Record Surplus! Next dates are Sept. 26 & Oct. 24.
— RSD 2020 EXCLUSIVE RELEASES —
* Note: These are the official RSD lists of all releases. What is in our store is subject to availability.
— ABOUT RSD 2020 at RECORD SURPLUS —
Record Store Day is an annual worldwide event celebrating great music and the record stores you love!
At Record Surplus, we’ve had the pleasure of celebrating RSD with our customers every year since the event began in 2008. We are hosting RSD 2020 too.
But during these unprecedented times, things need to be different. Instead of taking place on a single day, Record Store Day this year will be held on three “Drops”: AUG. 29, SEPT. 26 & OCT. 24.
To keep everyone safe we’ve been working hard to come up with new procedures. See our “RSD Guidelines” below. We also strive for fairness in our system for getting RSD records out to our customers. See below “How To Shop RSD”.
We suggest you make your own “wish list” before you come to RSD. This will save you time and help you to get the music you want. View the official lists of RSD 2020 Exclusive Releases (click the links at the top of this page). Or see album cover images plus descriptions of each release: Click Here.
There is a limit of eight total RSD releases per customer, and limit one copy of each title per customer.
Everyone at Record Surplus is excited to celebrate RSD again in 2020. We hope your RSD records bring you joy now and every time you play them for many years to come!
— HOW TO SHOP RSD —
For your safety, please read and follow the RSD GUIDELINES listed below, including wearing a face covering, sanitizing your hands before entering the store, and social distancing at all times.
RSD Personal Shopping
9:00am to 11:00am | Sat. | SEPT 26 & OCT 24
During RSD Personal Shopping at Record Surplus you do not shop in the store, we shop for you! Customers write their orders on a RSD Menu before entering. Our staff fills their orders inside the store. Customers enter one at a time with a numbered ticket to pick up their order and pay for it. There will be no more than 10 customers in the store at once. Your first step when you arrive is to get your numbered ticket and menu from the Record Surplus staffer near the front entrance. Tickets are limited. We will give you additional detailed instructions at that time.
RSD In-Store Shopping
11:30am to 7:00pm | Sat. | SEPT 26 & OCT 24
Record Surplus will be open for in-store shopping 11:30am to 7:00pm on Record Store Day. The first of three RSD 2020 dates will be at Record Surplus on Saturday, August 29th. RSD exclusive records will be out in the bins. We will limit the number of customers in the store at one time. There might be a line outside (more likely early in the day). If so, please stay six feet apart from others for social distance. Note “The Attic” section of the store will be closed until 3:00pm on RSD.
11:30am to 7:00pm | Daily
Come to Record Surplus the next day or even the week after RSD. You can get RSD exclusive records with no lines. Record Surplus has hosted RSD for twelve years before this one, and every year we had many RSD records still available after Record Store Day. We are open seven days a week, 11:30am to 7:00pm.
— RSD GUIDELINES —
• RSD will be a busy day, and these are unprecedented times. Please keep this in mind. Please be flexible and patient with our staff. We will all be doing the best we can.
• Please wear a face covering at all times while in the store and while participating in any RSD activity outside the store. Face coverings are required by law in the City of Los Angeles. Face coverings must cover both your nose and your mouth.
• Please practice social distancing. Stay at least 6 feet apart from other people at all times while in the store and while participating in any RSD activity outside the store.
• Before entering the store, please use the hand sanitizer you will find at the store entrance or wear fresh (unused) gloves. Record Surplus will provide hand sanitizer and plastic gloves at our entrance.
• As you know RSD releases are created in limited quantities. In the spirit of fairness here are a few rules:
— Limit one copy per customer of each new RSD title
— Limit a total of eight RSD releases per customer
— No holds of RSD releases
— First come, first served
• We suggest you bring an umbrella for shade in case you have to wait outside in the sun.
• There are no customer restrooms at Record Surplus. Please plan for that.
• Please no eating or drinking inside the store because that would inhibit face covering.
• On RSD Record Surplus will not be doing any buying/trading of used records or CDs.
• Record Surplus accepts payment by credit cards, contactless payment (such as Apple Pay and Google Pay) and cash.
• Parking Info: There is plenty of free street parking on Santa Monica Blvd., Centinela Ave. and other nearby streets. Please read signs first for any possible restrictions. We have a few parking spaces in the parking lot in back, but please only park in spaces marked “Record Surplus”. Do not park in spaces marked “Employees Only” and do not park in spaces marked for other tenants (your car may be towed from the parking lot if not parked in a proper space). It is best to park on the street.
Procedures are subject to change as the day goes on. Our top priority is to keep everyone safe.