Record Store Day BLACK FRIDAY at Record Surplus Los Angeles
November 27 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Join us for Record Store Day BLACK FRIDAY at Record Surplus! Find a big selection of new exclusive RSDBF releases at Record Surplus on Black Friday, November 27th 2020!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST* of RSDBF new releases.
Over 100 new and limited edition records are released exclusively for Record Store Day BLACK FRIDAY 2020, including Alice in Chains, Beastie Boys, Chicano Batman, Bill Evans, Herbie Hancock Trio, Jewel, Motorhead, Willie Nelson, Ol’ Dirty Bastard, Lou Reed, Snoop Doggy Dogg, The Stranglers, U2 and The Weeknd.
* Note: This is the official list of all releases for RSDBF 2020. What is in our store is subject to availability.
— ABOUT RSD BLACK FRIDAY 2020 at RECORD SURPLUS —
Everyone at Record Surplus is excited to welcome you to Record Store Day Black Friday on November 27th! Over 100 exclusive and limited edition new records are released on Black Friday 2020 and are only available at participating independent record stores.
To help keep everyone safe we have worked hard to come up with new procedures. See our “RSDBF Guidelines” below.
Also we strive for fairness in our system for getting RSDBF records out to our customers. See below “How To Shop RSDBF”. Note there is a limit of eight total RSDBF releases per customer, and limit one copy of each title per customer.
We suggest you make your own “wish list” before you come to RSDBF. This will save you time and help you to get the music you want. To view the official list of RSDBF 2020 exclusive releases click the link at the top of this page. Or to see album cover images plus descriptions of each release Click Here.
— HOW TO SHOP RSDBF —
For your safety, please read and follow the GUIDELINES listed below, including wearing a face covering, sanitizing your hands before entering the store, and social distancing at all times.
RSDBF Personal Shopping
9:00am to 11:00am | Black Friday NOV 27
During RSDBF Personal Shopping at Record Surplus you do not shop in the store, we shop for you! Customers write their orders on a RSDBF Menu before entering. Our staff fills their orders inside the store. Customers enter one at a time with a numbered ticket to pick up their order and pay for it. There will be no more than 10 customers in the store at once. Your first step when you arrive is to get your numbered ticket and menu from the Record Surplus staffer near the front entrance. Tickets are limited. We will give you additional detailed instructions at that time.
RSDBF In-Store Shopping
11:30am to 7:00pm | Black Friday NOV 27
Record Surplus will be open for in-store shopping 11:30am to 7:00pm on Record Store Day Black Friday November 27th. RSDBF exclusive records will be out in the bins. We will limit the number of customers in the store at one time. There might be a line outside (more likely early in the day). If so, for social distance please stay six feet apart from others in line. Note “The Attic” section of the store will be closed until 3:00pm on RSDBF.
11:30am to 7:00pm | Daily
Come to Record Surplus the next day or even the week after RSD Black Friday. You can get RSD exclusive records with no lines. Record Surplus has hosted RSD for twelve years before this one, and every year we had many RSD records still available after Record Store Day. We are open seven days a week, 11:30am to 7:00pm.
— RSDBF GUIDELINES —
• RSD will be a busy day, and these are unprecedented times. Please keep this in mind. Please be flexible and patient.
• Please wear a face covering at all times while in the store and while participating in any RSD activity outside the store. Face coverings are required by law in the City of Los Angeles. Face coverings must cover both your nose and your mouth.
• Please practice social distancing. Stay at least 6 feet apart from other people at all times while in the store and while participating in any RSD activity outside the store.
• Before entering the store, please use the hand sanitizer you will find at the store entrance or wear fresh (unused) gloves. Record Surplus will provide hand sanitizer and plastic gloves at our entrance.
• As you know RSDBF releases are created in limited quantities. In the spirit of fairness here are a few rules:
— Limit one copy per customer of each new RSDBF title
— Limit a total of eight RSDBF releases per customer
— No holds of RSDBF releases
— First come, first served
• We suggest you bring an umbrella for shade in case you have to wait outside in the sun.
• There are no customer restrooms at Record Surplus. Please plan for that.
• Please no eating or drinking inside the store because that would inhibit face covering.
• On RSDBF Record Surplus will not be doing any buying/trading of used records or CDs.
• Record Surplus accepts payment by credit cards, contactless payment (such as Apple Pay and Google Pay) and cash.
• Parking Info: There is plenty of free street parking on Santa Monica Blvd., Centinela Ave. and other nearby streets. Please read signs first for any possible restrictions. We have a few parking spaces in the parking lot in back, but please only park in spaces marked “Record Surplus”. Do not park in spaces marked “Employees Only” and do not park in spaces marked for other tenants (your car may be towed from the parking lot if not parked in a proper space). It is best to park on the street.
Procedures are subject to change as the day goes on. Our top priority is to keep everyone safe.