- This event has passed.
RECORD STORE DAY 2023 at Record Surplus in Los Angeles
April 22, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Join us for Record Store Day at Record Surplus! Find a big selection of new exclusive RSD releases at Record Surplus on Saturday, April 22, 2023!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW LIST of RSD 2023 new releases.*
Over 200 new and limited edition records are released exclusively for Record Store Day 2023, including Taylor Swift, The 1975, Roy Ayers, Chet Baker, The Black Keys, Blur, Mile Davis, Pearl Jam, Dolly Parton, and so much more!
* Note: This is the official list of all releases for RSD 2022. What is in our store is subject to availability.
— ABOUT RSD 2023 at RECORD SURPLUS —
Everyone at Record Surplus is excited to welcome you to Record Store Day on April 22, 2023! Over 200 exclusive and limited edition new records are released on RSD 2023 and are only available at participating independent record stores.
To help keep everyone safe we have worked hard to come up with new procedures. See our “RSD Guidelines” below. Also, we strive for fairness in our system for getting RSD records out to our customers. See below “How To Shop RSD”. Please note that there is a limit of eight total RSD releases per customer, and limit one copy of each title per customer.
We suggest you make your own “wish list” before you come to RSD. This will save you time and help you to get the music you want. To view the official list of RSD 2023 exclusive releases click the link at the top of this page. Or to see album cover images plus descriptions of each release Click Here.
— HOW TO SHOP RSD —
RSD Personal Shopping
9:00am to 11:00am | Saturday, April 22
During RSD Personal Shopping at Record Surplus you do not shop in the store, we shop for you! Customers write their orders on a RSD Menu before entering. Our staff fills their orders inside the store. Customers enter one at a time with a numbered ticket to pick up their order and pay for it. Your first step when you arrive is to get your numbered ticket and menu from the Record Surplus staffer near the front entrance. Tickets are limited. We will give you additional detailed instructions at that time.
RSD In-Store Shopping
11:30am to 7:00pm | Saturday, April 22
Record Surplus will be open for in-store shopping 11:30am to 7:00pm on Record Store Day. RSD exclusive records will be out in the bins. We may limit the number of customers in the store at one time.
11:30am to 7:00pm | Daily
Come to Record Surplus the next day or even the week after RSD. You can get RSD exclusive records with no lines. Record Surplus has hosted RSD for fifteen years before this one, and every year we had many RSD records still available after Record Store Day. We are open seven days a week, 11:30am to 7:00pm.
— RSD GUIDELINES —
• RSD will be a busy day. Please keep this in mind. Please be flexible and patient.
• Face coverings are optional while in the store.
• As you know RSD releases are created in limited quantities. In the spirit of fairness here are a few rules:
— Limit one copy per customer of each new RSD title
— Limit a total of eight RSD releases per customer
— No holds of RSD releases
— First come, first served
• Please no eating or drinking inside the store.
• On RSD, Record Surplus will not be doing any buying/trading of used records or CDs.
• Record Surplus accepts payment by credit cards, contactless payment (such as Apple Pay and Google Pay) and cash.
• Parking Info: There is plenty of free street parking on Santa Monica Blvd., Centinela Ave. and other nearby streets. Please read signs first for any possible restrictions. We have a few parking spaces in the parking lot in back, but please only park in spaces marked “Record Surplus”. Do not park in spaces marked “Employees Only” and do not park in spaces marked for other tenants (your car may be towed from the parking lot if not parked in a proper space). It is best to park on the street.
Procedures are subject to change as the day goes on. Our top priority is to keep everyone safe.