BLACK FRIDAY RECORD STORE DAY 2021!!
November 26 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Join us for Record Store Day BLACK FRIDAY at Record Surplus! Find a big selection of new exclusive RSDBF releases at Record Surplus on Black Friday, November 26th 2021!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW LIST of RSDBF new releases.
Over 100 new and limited edition records are released exclusively for Record Store Day BLACK FRIDAY 2021., including Aerosmith, Chet Baker, Ray Charles, Alice Cooper, Miles Davis, Judas Priest, Charlie Parker, Sun Ra, Thundercat, U2, Louis Armstrong, Lana Del Rey, Fleetwood Mac, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Jackson 5, Carole King and many more!
* Note: This is the official list of all releases for RSDBF 2021. What is in our store is subject to availability.
— ABOUT RSD BLACK FRIDAY 2021 at RECORD SURPLUS —
Everyone at Record Surplus is excited to welcome you to Record Store Day Black Friday on November 26th! Over 100 exclusive and limited edition new records are released on Black Friday 2021 and are only available at participating independent record stores.
To help keep everyone safe we have worked hard to come up with new procedures. See our “RSDBF Guidelines” below.
Also we strive for fairness in our system for getting RSDBF records out to our customers. See below “How To Shop RSDBF”. Note there is a limit of eight total RSDBF releases per customer, and limit one copy of each title per customer.
We suggest you make your own “wish list” before you come to RSDBF. This will save you time and help you to get the music you want. To view the official list of RSDBF 2021 exclusive releases click the link at the top of this page. Or to see album cover images plus descriptions of each release Click Here.
— HOW TO SHOP RSDBF —
For your safety, please read and follow the GUIDELINES listed below, including wearing a face covering, sanitizing your hands before entering the store, and social distancing at all times.
RSDBF Personal Shopping
9:00am to 11:00am | Black Friday NOV 26
During RSDBF Personal Shopping at Record Surplus you do not shop in the store, we shop for you! Customers write their orders on a RSDBF Menu before entering. Our staff fills their orders inside the store. Customers enter one at a time with a numbered ticket to pick up their order and pay for it. Your first step when you arrive is to get your numbered ticket and menu from the Record Surplus staffer near the front entrance. Tickets are limited. We will give you additional detailed instructions at that time.
RSDBF In-Store Shopping
11:30am to 7:00pm | Black Friday NOV 26
Record Surplus will be open for in-store shopping 11:30am to 7:00pm on Record Store Day Black Friday November 26th. RSDBF exclusive records will be out in the bins. We will limit the number of customers in the store at one time. There might be a line outside (more likely early in the day).
11:30am to 7:00pm | Daily
Come to Record Surplus the next day or even the week after RSD Black Friday. You can get RSD exclusive records with no lines. Record Surplus has hosted RSD for thirteen years before this one, and every year we had many RSD records still available after Record Store Day. We are open seven days a week, 11:30am to 7:00pm.
— RSDBF GUIDELINES —
• RSD will be a busy day, and these are unprecedented times. Please keep this in mind. Please be flexible and patient.
• Please wear a face covering at all times while in the store.
• As you know RSDBF releases are created in limited quantities. In the spirit of fairness here are a few rules:
— Limit one copy per customer of each new RSDBF title
— Limit a total of eight RSDBF releases per customer
— No holds of RSDBF releases
— First come, first served
• There are no customer restrooms at Record Surplus. Please plan for that.
• Please no eating or drinking inside the store because that would inhibit face covering.
• On RSDBF Record Surplus will not be doing any buying/trading of used records or CDs.
• Record Surplus accepts payment by credit cards, contactless payment (such as Apple Pay and Google Pay) and cash.
• Parking Info: There is plenty of free street parking on Santa Monica Blvd., Centinela Ave. and other nearby streets. Please read signs first for any possible restrictions. We have a few parking spaces in the parking lot in back, but please only park in spaces marked “Record Surplus”. Do not park in spaces marked “Employees Only” and do not park in spaces marked for other tenants (your car may be towed from the parking lot if not parked in a proper space). It is best to park on the street.
Procedures are subject to change as the day goes on. Our top priority is to keep everyone safe.